The original article was deleted wholesale from PWI wiki blademaster talk page. The consensus, such as it is, has no objections to its presence here. The red links to JPEGs are retained, as those are available to be copied from the old version of the page the article was deleted from
Lyndura's Blademaster Class Guide.
I'm Lyndura, and the main purpose of this guide is to help out new players on their path to become a Blademaster, guiding them step by step with the basic knowledge about this class, and why not?, it might even help already experienced players. Here you will find information related to the general overview of the class, roles, builds, skills and performance in different aspects of the game.
NOTE: As the name of the guide, this is a guide made by me, and any information comes from my experience, ideas, tests, opinions and suggestions. Also, I want to point out that English is my third language; therefore, one might find mistakes during the reading of this guide, so I apologize for that.
What is a Blademaster? Edit
In PWI, the Blademaster is a class that belongs to the Human race, they are damage-dealers specializing in meele combat, they are always in the front lines of a war, being the first ones to jump into the action. Due to being a meele fighter, you’re granted with high physical resistance and high HP, so you can perform the second role of a “tank”, just remember that your weakness is a low magical resistance.
Known for the characteristic of being excellent solo class, the Blademaster is one of the faster, if not the fastest, leveling class in the game thanks to the ability to "AoE train/grind", which is mainly because of another role of this class:
The Blademaster is granted with skills that allow the class to hit multiple opponents in an specific area, being in a range of 360° or in a straight line in front of them. The class also posses an skill that allows it to Stun every enemy in a 360° range, which is a characteristic of this class because it is the best when it comes to status effects, specially Stun. Because of this, the main role of this class is "Group controlling", reason why despite of the fact that this is an excellent solo class, it is always needed in parties: to keep mobs under control, for damage dealing, to save the classes with low physical resistance/HP or to take care of the strong opponents in case the main "tank" dies.
Group controlling is not only needed when it comes to leveling, it is also a main factor in Territory Wars and group PvP, where the ability to not only deal damage, but keep stunned/slowed/frozen multiple enemies at the same time makes this class truly shine. Said that, the class can perform very well in single PvP too, it is not only limited to attacking groups of opponents.
They have access to the most number of possible weapons than can be used by any class, going from heavy weapons like Axes, to large ones like Spears, or even small ones such as claws. Each one with their own strenghts and weaknesss, of which we will talk in a bit. It is mportant to say that some skills can only be used with certain kind of weapons, so it is wise to choose the right one for specific situations.
As you can see, this is a very versatile class and now you have an idea about what it is about, so, if you feel that this is the class for you, let's start.
A little view to the game. Edit
If you decided that this is the class for you, then you will keep reading this guide; however, there will be some new information that could confuse you, so I'll clear that first so the guide is easier to follow.
In Perfect World, there're 4 races: Human, Elves, Untamed and Tideborn. Each race has it's own classes, in this case the Human race has the Blademaster and Wizard classes. Each one performs a different role and playing style. Once a character is created, regardless of what class/race it is, it will start with 5 of each stat, which are:
- STR (Strenght): Affects mainly the physical attack of the character (melee), and slightly increases the physical defense.
- DEX (Dexterity): Affects the physical attack of the character (range), also affects the Accuracy (Hit Ratio) and the Evasion (Dodge rate). Also, every 20 points into DEX will increase the critical rate by 1% (critical hits will double your damage).
- VIT (Vitality): Mainly increases your HP (Health Points), HP recovery speed and slightly increases your physical and magical defenses.
- MAG (Magic): Mainly increases the Magical attack, MP (Mana Points) and MP recovery speed. MP is used to use skills.
As you can see, each stat affects specific attributes, which at the same time are affected by the class. For example, while some classes get 10 HP per 1 VIT point, the Blademaster class gets 15, the second highest number after the Barbarian class, which gets 18. For example, I said that at level 1 every character starts with 5 of each stat points, this are the starting attributes of the Blademaster class:
|HP||MP||Physical Attack||Magic Attack||Critical Hit||Attack Rate||Accuracy||Evasion||Movement Speed||Physical Defense||Elemental Defenses|
It is important to point that the "Elemental Defense" is divided by the 5 elements that exists in Perfect World: Fire, Water, Earth, Wood and Metal. Each one can be raised individualy through equipment or skills, but the class starts with an equal number for all of them, reason why it is generalized to just "Elemental defenses". Also you will note that Physical attack or Magical attack include two numbers, like "4-6", the first number represent your minimum and the second one your maximum, so you can hit by anything between both numbers.
Some attributes such as Speed or Attack Rate are affected by the equipment one is using or skills that are in current use. The next table will show how each stat affects the Blademaster Class:
|STR (Strenght)||DEX (Dexterity)||VIT (Vitality)||MAG (Magic)|
|1 DEX = 10 Accuracy||1 VIT = 15 HP||1 MAG = 9 MP|
|1 DEX = 10 Evasion|
|20 DEX = 1% Critical Hit|
You will note that I did not include how much physical attack STR adds, and that is because it doesn't works the way the other stats do. For example, the total amount of STR you have will create a number, let's say 2, and this number will affect every physical attack equipment that you have. So if you are using a weapon that adds 600 physical attack, then the number will turn into a multiplier (in this example it is 2) and will affect the weapon, so instead of 600 you get 1200. The higher your STR is, the higher the multiplier will be.
Everytime a character levels up, it will adquire 5 stat points to use freely, meaning 10 stat points every two levels. Get used to this, because we will be talking about "every two levels" during this guide.
As it was already said, skills require MP to be used, but also, some skills use an special attribute called "Chi". This attribute can be adquired through using skills (that don't require Chi of course), or normal hits. You can find the amount of Chi you have bellow your HP and MP bars, exactly where your name is:
As you build up Chi, the yellow bar will increase. Every 100 Chi is equal to one "Spark" (the red balls to the right). You will adquire Chi and Spark upgrades every certain levels: Level 9 (99 Chi), Level 29 (1 Spark and 99 Chi), Level 59 (2 Sparks and 99 Chi) and Level 89 (3 Sparks and 99 Chi).
In Perfect World there are several status that will adquire a certain effect on the opponent, I'll list the status the Blademaster has access to through skills:
- Stun: The opponent can't move or use skills/items.
- Freeze: The opponent can't move, but it can use skills and items.
- Seal: The opponent can move, can't use skills but can use items.
- Slow: Decreases the opponent's movement speed.
- Bleed: Deals physical damage over time.
- Curse: Increases the damage taken.
- Distract: Decreases magical defense.
- Weaken: Decreases physical defense.
- Pushback: Pushes the opponent back. Do not works in PvP.
- Stupefy: Increases the opponent's channelling time.
- Muddle: Decreases the opponent's magical attack.
- Frighten: Decreases the opponent's physical attack.
Now you can see why this class is one of the best when it comes to status.
NOTE: While Pushback is not an status, it is an effect that certain skills can do on enemies and I thought it would be good to explain it here.
In Perfect World one can obtain experience, coins and spirit by killing mobs, completing quests or through the use of certain items. Spirit is used to adquire skills (plus coins), and will be a main factor when choosing a weapon path, you will see why in a bit.
There're 3 different kind of armors in the game:
- Heavy Armor: Has the highest physical defense and the lowest magical defense.
- Light Armor: Average physical defense and average magical defense (the latter one being higher).
- Arcane Robes:Has the highest magical defense and the lowest physical defense.
As a Blademaster, Heavy Armor is prefered because as a meele class one will be taking hits, and being able to "tank" them is essential for this class. On top of that, Heavy Armor gives the highest HP increasement per refinement, which is another attribute very important for the Blademaster. While this class indeed is able to wear Light Armor, it is not suggested because it will reduce the performance of the character in many aspects of the game. Plus, the Blademaster gets more benefits from Heavy Armor due to some skills that help to increase the defenses.
The requirements to be able to wear Heavy Armor are the next:
|STR (Strenght)||DEX (Dexterity)||VIT (Vitality)||MAG (Magic)|
Which can be easily reduced to 5 STR and 1 DEX every two levels.
Weapon Paths. Edit
As I said before, this class has access to different kinds of weapons, which can be divided in four different paths, each one with it's own strenght and weakness:
- Axe and Hammer:
- Heavy weapons, they require the highest STR and lowest DEX out of all the possible paths. Inside this path, you will find Sledgehammers, Poleaxes, Dual Axes and Dual Hammers. This kind of weapon has the highest maximum physical attack, but the lowest minimum physical attack, which makes it the best for those who seek to have the highest damage possible. Also, this kind of weapons has the slowest attack speed.
- This path's strenght relies on being able to hit multiple targets because most skills that belong to this weapon path are able to hit targets in a 360° range, one of them will slow down the speed of the opponents. It also includes an skill that Stuns the opponent, which can be used in combination with other skills to create an stun-locking. The final skill of this path is Heaven's Flame, which will damage and inflict the Curse status on the opponent.
- Another important characteristic, is that with this weapon path is how the Blademaster is able to level faster than any other class due to the ability to "AoE train/grind" with it's skills.
- Middle weight weapons, they require high STR and average DEX. Inside this path you will find Poleblades, Spears (Pikes) and Shafts. This kind of weapon has the second highest maximum physical attack and the second highest minimum attack; additionally, the attack speed of this weapon is 1 per second, which makes it the most balanced out of the four paths.
- Similar to Axe and Hammer path, Polearms are able to hit multiple enemies; however, the skills don't attack in 360° but rather in an straight line in front of the user, one of them is able to pushback enemies. This path also includes the strongest ranged and bleed (the latter one is a linear attack too) skills this class has, which makes it the best to perform those roles. The final skill of this path is Glacial Spike, which will damage and inflict the Weaken and Distract status on the opponent.
- Despite the fact that the attacks of this weapon path don't have 360°, it is still able to "AoE train/grind" even with linear skills, which makes it the faster leveling weapon path after Axe/Hammer.
- Sword and Blade:
- This path includes Single Sword, Single Blade, Dual Swords and Dual Blades. Light weight weapons, with less STR and more DEX requirements than either Axe/Hammer or Polearm. This kind of weapon has the third highest maximum attack and the third highest minimum attack. Single Swords/Blades have slightly higher attack speed than Polearms, while Dual versions are slower than Polearms but faster than Axe/Hammers.
- This path focus on single target skills, inclduing a ranged skill, an strong meele skill that can pushback the opponent and an skill that inflict the stupefy status on the opponent. The final skill of this path is Myriad Sword Stance, which is the highest single hit damaging skill this class has and it will inflict the Muddle and Frighten status on the opponent.
- Fist and Claw:
- Light weapons, they require the most DEX and the lowest STR out of all the paths. They have the lowest maximum and minimum attack of all the weapons but also the highest attack speed of all the weapons.
- This path includes mostly single target skills which can slow the opponent's speed or can cancel it's current casting skill. It also includes an small AoE skill, that will give an attack speed boost to the Blademaster for a certain amount of time. The final skill of this path is Drake's Breath Bash, which will damage the opponent and will add fire elemental damage to all the normal attacks for the next 15 seconds.
- Also, due to the long cooldowns of the skills that belong to this path, normal attacks are used most of the time.
The next table shows differences between the different attack speed each weapon has:
|Weapon||Attack Speed per second|
Which one should you use?
As you can see, each weapon path focus on different roles or playing styles, but, why not use them all? Remember the Spirit?, well, at the early levels one will have enough Spirit to adquire the basic skills, but past level 29 Spirit starts becoming a problem and one has to choose wisely on what skills to spend it on, reason why it is prefered to start just using one weapon path and focus on others at high levels (past level 8x).
Not only that, one can use coins to make one strong weapon path rather than having several weak ones, which is usually much better. However, feel free to pick one or two skills that you like from other weapon paths.
It really comes down to personal preference, in the end most Blademasters end up using 2 or more weapon paths; however, any Blademaster will have to use the Axe/Hammer path when fighting several opponents, being it during PvE, Territory Wars or group PvP, so if you can't decide what to choose, this one is a good option to start with.
The next table shows the stat requirements each weapon path requires in order to be used (IMPORTANT: It is based every two levels, because it is easier, if you want per level just divide it by 2):
|Weapon path.||STR (Strenght)||DEX (Dexterity)|
Now that you know the requirements for the Armor and Weapons, we can start to form some common build for this class. Remember that we will be working with the "every two levels" mechanic, you will see why. Also, I'll use Heavy Armor as default for all the builds.
The next table shows the common builds for different weapon paths, using as a base two levels (10 stat points):
|Weapon path.||STR (Strenght)||DEX (Dexterity)||Free Stat Points||Suggested Stats to add the left free points (PvE)||Suggested Stats to add the left free points (PvP)||Suggested Stats to add the left free points (TW)|
|Axe/Hammer||6||1||3||VIT||DEX and VIT||DEX and VIT|
|Polearm||5||2||3||VIT||DEX and VIT||DEX and VIT|
As you can see, every two levels each weapon path build will have some free stat points, that can be used freely depending on what the player is looking for. We already saw how each stat affects different attributes, so you will add them depending on the equipment/playing stile that fits you the best.
You can use the table to create specific builds you want, for example, let's say one wants to use Axe/Hammer and Sword/Blade weapon paths with the same build, so we check the requirements:
- Axe/Hammer require 6 STR, while Sword/Blade 5 STR.
- Sword/Blade requires 3 DEX while Axe/Hammer 1 DEX.
The final build would be: 6 STR | 3 DEX | 1 Free stat point.
As long as you follow the requirements I guarantee you that your character will never be messed up, so play with your free stat points to make a character that you enjoy playing with.
IMPORTANT: NEVER, EVER ADD POINTS INTO MAG. A BLADEMASTER WILL NEVER NEED IT.
You made your character, you know your build and now you're ready to start your adventure through Perfect World; but, as you level up, you will find that you the challenges get more difficult and new strenght is required to beat them, this is where the skills come in.
If you press the R key, you will find the next window:
This is your skill List window, where you can see "Active Skills" (have to be used by the player), "Passive Skills" (are always active) and "Combo Skills", which are a sequence of skills that one can create with the button "New", better known as "macros".
Finally, you can see at the right bottom part of the window the "Skill Tree" and a green arrow, if you click it you will get the next list:
This are all the possible skills the Blademaster class can adquire, as you can see, there're some arrows that go from one skill to another, this means you need to have at least level 1 of the first skill in order to be able to get the next.
Also, if you check carefuly, you will note that there're four arrows that come from one same skill, this is where the different weapon path skills start. We will see that in a bit.
So, where do I get my new skills?
The starting and main city of the Human race is Etherblade. To learn new skills you have to go with a Blademaster NPC, which will teach you new skills if you have the level, money and spirit to adquire them. You can find two of them at Etherblade (the blue dots):
However, this is not the only place where you can find this NPC's, you can find them on other big cities such as Archousaur, Dreamweaver Port, Thousand Streams, or even on small towns such as The Silver Pool. I'm quite sure you will find them while you explore the world.
As we already know, this class has four different weapon paths and each one of them has skills that can only be used with that specific kind of weapon, while others can be used with any kind of weapon. I'll list them all here by their level requirement, and I'll introduce an small description about it.
For details and more information please visit the next links:
- Perfect World International Wiki Blademaster's Skill Guide:
- Perfect World - ecatomb's fansite: http://www.ecatomb.net/skillpwi.php
File:Tigermaw.jpg Level 1 - Tiger Maw.
- This is your very first skill. It deals base physical damage plus an addon number that increases with the level of the skill. It's not very useful and you won't really use it, don't get any single level of it, at least until you are level 89. You will know why in a bit.
- Demon: The Demon version of this skill will reduce channel and cast times by 0.1 seconds.
- Sage: The Sage version of this skill will give a 25% chance to regain Chi on a sucessful hit.
File:Drawblood.jpg Level 3 - Draw Blood.
- This skill inflicts base physical damage and causes the status "Bleed", which will deal certain amount of physical damage over 15 seconds. Better known as a DoT (Damage over Time) skill.
- Get level 1 of it, since you need it to acquire new skills at future levels. Going past that is pure matter of choice. It's a great skill for the first levels, up until level 45-50, since it causes the most damage per MP used, then it becomes pretty much "useless" at PvE, reason why many people choose to skip it and save SP/money for other skills.
- At low level PvE, you first use this skill, and then you use normal attacks, this is the most efficient way to kill mobs up until level 4x, since it saves you from using a lot of MP, therefore, saving money from not buying a lot of MP potions. Past those levels, you will find yourself using other skills instead of this one, since the mobs get a higher HP and it doesn't lowers half the life of the mob anymore.
- At PvP it can be great or useless, depending on your playing style. Let's say your average hit on an opponent is 400's, and your Bleed causes a damage of 100 per tick, that means you're getting a 25% increase of damage per second, which is not that bad, whoever, take into consideration that while it might be great at low levels, the damage will get reduced the higher level you get, decreasing the % added on your damage per second.
- For Polearm users it becomes a "must" skill, Bleed's effect from Draw Blood stacks with Bleed's effect of Piercing Winds (Polearm-only skill), making the % of damage addon per second increase considerably, especially when fighting robe users. This combo is a good way to kill a Venomancer using the reflect skill.
- Demon: The Demon version of this skill will reduce the bleeding duration to 12 seconds.
- Sage: The Sage version of this skill will increase bleeding damage by 15%.
File:DrakesRay.jpg Level 6 - Drake's Ray.
- This is your very first ranged skill, it deals base physical damage plus an addon number, which increases with the level of the skill, as well as the range that starts at 7.3 meters at level 1 and ends up on 10 meters at level 10.
- This skill is a must to get since it's your first ranged skill, and depending on the weapon path you chose, it might be your only one.
- At PvE and PvP it works in the same way, you use it to attack an opponent that is running from you/coming to you and is outside of the range of your other skills. It can be used in combo with the level 79 skill "Smack" which is ranged too, and with the skill "Farstrike" (Polearm-only skill) and/or Spirit Chaser (Sword/Blade-only skill), both level 39 skills. You might also find it useful at PvE to pull mobs from a certain place.
- Even when it's a must skill, you shouldn't hurry to max it, just level it when you have spare skill points for it.
- Demon: The Demon version of this skill will increase the range to 12 meters.
- Sage: The Sage version of this skill will reduce the cooldown to 5 seconds.
File:Streamstrike.jpg Level 9 - Stream Strike.
- Your only aggro skill. For 30 Chi, it will deal base physical damage plus an addon number that increases with the level of the skill, and it will increase your threat level.
- Just get level 1 of this skill, you won't use it and it's not really necessary, unless you want to tank, but you should leave that to Barbarians.
- Level 1 and level 10 won't change the threat increasement, so level 1 is pretty good for when you want to keep aggro from a boss. You can keep spamming it with the 3 seconds cooldown. I suggest to leave it at 1, since you won't really ever use this skill, plus it is not good to rely on it to keep aggro.
- Demon: The Demon version of this skill will give a 25% to recover 800 HP on a sucessful hit.
- Sage: The Sage version of this skill will reduce the Chi cost to 20.
File:Cloudsprint.jpg Level 9 - Cloud Sprint.
- This skill increases you movement speed from 45% to 90% for 15 seconds (depending on the level of the skill). When you first get it, level it to 1. Then just level it from time to time when you have spare Skill Points.
- You use it at PvP and PvE for the same: Running, either, chasing your opponent or running from them.
- Max this skill at level 59, since it's requirement for an important skill: Will of the Bodhisatva.
File:GoldenBell.jpg Level 13 - Aura of the Golden Bell.
- Your physical defense buff. A must for every Blademaster. It increases your physical defense by xx% for 30 minutes, best part, it's a party buff, so you can share it with other people.
- Always max this skill.
- Demon: The Demon version of this skill will increase the physical defense by 75% of the equipment value and give an additional 75% physical defense of the equipment value for the next 15 seconds.
- Sage: The Sage version of this skill will increase the physical defense by 90% of the equipment value.
File:MarrowMagical.jpg Level 16 - Alter Marrow Magical.
- Tricky skill. It reduces your physical defense by xxx% and increases your magical defense by xxx% for 30 seconds.
- This skill is helpful for fighting pure magical mobs. I suggest to get level 3 of it at the beggining, because at this level you will away 50% physical defense to gain 50% more magical defense. When you get to a higher level (level 70+) you can get it to level 5 or 6, since at this point your physical defense will be high enough to get a good trade of defenses.
- It is used in PvE, PvP and TW for the same thing: Increasing your defenses against magical attacks and have a better survability.
- Demon: The Demon version of this skill will increase the magical resistance by 150% while reducing the physical defense by 90%.
- Sage: The Sage version of this skill will increase the magical resistance by 180% while reducing the physical defense by 120%.
File:Aeolian Blade.jpg Level 19 - Aeolian Blade.
- This will be your strongest skill for a long time, and not only that, this skill has xx% chance to stun the enemy for 3 seconds, and that's one thing Blademasters are good for: Stunning.
- At early PvP/PvE it is used mainly as a damaging skill, hoping that the Stun effect activates on the opponent. Since the duration of the Stun effect is only 3 seconds, this skill is mostly used to interrupt any combo/skill that your opponent is using.
- Max this skill.
- Demon: The Demon version of this skill will reduce the cooldown to 5 seconds.
- Sage: The Sage version of this skill will increase the damage bonus to 180%.
File:Roarofthepride.jpg Level 23 - Roar of the Pride.
- Another must skill for every Blademaster. This is your AoE stun skill, it will effect all the enemies in a range of 10 meters for x seconds, being 6 seconds at level 10.
- Key skill for "stun locking" your enemy, a value skill for Territory War since one of your main roles is to Stun groups of enemies to stop them from damaging your guildmates and letting damage dealers to kill them.
- Remember that it requires 35 Chi to be casted, and a long cooldown (which decreases with a higher level of the skill), so you will need to time it wisely. Max this skill.
- Demon: The Demon version of this skill will reduce the cooldown by 1 second, and the skill always succeeds.
- Sage: The Sage version of this skill will reduce the Chi cost by 10.
File:MarrowPhysical.jpg Level 23 - Alter Marrow Physical.
- As same as the Magical version, this skill will reduce xxx% of your magical defense to increase your physical defense by the same %. Since the Blademaster is a meele class, and since it is required to have the most defense when "AoE training", this skill is for sure a great help when it is maxed; however, don't rush to max it as soon as possible, do it whenever you have spare spirit to use, and you don't have other important skills to level up.
- Try to get it to level 5 first, then slowly keep leveling it up. It should be maxed by level 7x.
- Demon: The Demon version of this skill will increase the physical defense by 150% while lowering the magical defense by 90%.
- Sage: The Sage version of this skill will increase the physical defense by 180% while lowering the magical defense by 120%.
File:Oceansedge.jpg Level 26 - Ocean's Edge.
- It will damage your opponent and reduce it's movement speed by xx%. It has a good damage and the effect is nice when used in duels or ground PvP. Level it up once you have finished maxing all your important skills.
- An important note: The slowing effect do not applies in the air.
- Demon: The Demon version of this skill will add a 800 damage bonus.
- Sage: The Sage version of this skill will give a 20% chance to freeze the opponent for 3 seconds.
File:Tigerleap.jpg Level 29 - Tiger Leap.
- Instantly leaps you xx meters forward. Used to catch up opponents that are running from you, or to get out of the range of an opponent. It is very useful in high level PvP, reason why it should be maxed once all your important skills are done. Level 1 will be enough until around level 80.
- Also, there're some mobs (usually past level 50) that use a magical attack as their first attack and then they will use physical attacks if you are in their meele range. Magic hurts to a Blademaster, so you can use this skill outside the range of the mob to skip the magical attack and land directly into it's meele range area, this way you are countering the first attack.
- It requires 25 Chi to be used, to don't abuse it.
File:Leapback.jpg Level 29 - Leap Back.
- It has the same effects and uses as Tiger Leap, the only difference is that this skill will leap you backwards. It requires 15 Chi, so use it wisely.
File:Diamondsutra.jpg Level 29 - Diamond Sutra.
- This is your healing skill. For the cost of 1 Spark, you will be able to recover 20% of your maximum HP instantly; additionally, it will recover certain number of HP (goes up with the level of the skill) over 15 seconds.
- It is very useful to save money from constantly using potions, so it is a good idea to keep it leveled up. Try to get it to level 5, and from there level it up slowly once your main skills are finished.
- Demon: The Demon version of this skill will give a 10% critical hit chance increasement for the duration of the skill.
- Sage: The Sage version of this skill will give a 20% to recover 50% of the maximum HP.
File:Fanofflames.jpg Level 34 - Fan of Flames.
- This skill will damage all the opponents in front of you in a fan-like spray. Like 180° in front of you. It is an important skill because it is used to keep a constant "AoE'ing", specially for Axe/Hammer or Polearm users. Level it up slowly if you use Axe/Hammer as your main path, level it up more if you are Polearm, and for Fist/Claw and Sword/Blade users level 1 should be enough, at least until all the other main skills are maxed.
- Demon: The Demon version of this skill will double the range of the spray damage.
- Sage: The Sage version of this skill will reduce cooldown to 6 seconds.
File:Drakesweep.jpg Level 44 - Drake Sweep
- Damages all the enemies around you in a 8m radius. Another important skill for the "AoE'ing", if you're Axe/Hammer this is an important skill to level up; however, main skills of this weapon path should be put into priority. Polearm users should max this skill, since it will be their main damaging skill when it comes to "AoE'ing". Fist/Claw and Sword/Blade users should get level 1 of this skill, but just level it up once all the other skills are already maxed.
- Demon: The Demon version of this skill will have a 20% chance to gain 30 Chi on each sucessful hit.
- Sage: The Sage version of this skill will add a 500 damage bonus.
Axe/Hammer weapon path only skills: The next skills can only be used while using a weapon that belongs to this path.
File:Axemastery.jpg Level 29 - Axe & Hammer Mastery.
- This passive skill will increase the damage you deal when using weapons that belong to the Axe/Hammer path. Certainly one of your main skills, always max it.
- Demon: The Demon version of this skill will increase the weapon damage to 75% and increase the critical hit chance by 2%.
- Sage: The Sage version of this skill will increase the weapon damage to 90%.
File:Drakebash.jpg Level 29 - Drake Bash.
- Very important skill. For the cost of 1 spark, you will deal huge damage to the opponent, and not only that, it will stun the opponent for x seconds, being 6 at level 10. Necessary for the "Stun-lock" that Blademasters are known for. Max this skill.
- Even if you use another weapon path, it would be wise to level this skill up and equip some lower level Axes to use it.
- Demon: The Demon version of this skill will increase the stun time to 7.5 seconds.
- Sage: The Sage version of this skill will give a 25% chance to cast without using an Spark.
File:Highlandcleave.jpg Level 39 - Highland Cleave.
- The highest non-Chi using damaging AoE skill this class has. It damages all the enemies around you in a radius of 10 meters. This is an important skill to level up; however, put other main skills into priority before leveling this one up.
- Demon: The Demon version of this skill will give a 20% chance to increase the attack rate by 25% for 10 seconds.
- Sage: The Sage version of this skill will give a 20% chance to increase critical hit chance by 20% for 10 seconds
File:Fissure.jpg Level 49 - Fissure
- Another AoE skill. It will damage all the enemies around you in a 10 meters radius; additionally, it will put the Slow effect on the opponents, reducing their movement speed.
- It works very good during Territory War to slow down the speed of your opponents (and damage them on the process), making them unable to scape from the attacks of you or your guild mates.
- Demon: The Demon version of this skill will increase the slow effect to 65%.
- Sage: The Sage version of this skill will reduce the opponent's fire resistance by 30%.
File:Heavensflame.jpg Level 59 - Heaven's Flame.
- For the cost of 2 Sparks, this skill will damage all the opponents around you in a 12 meters radius; additionally, it will inflict the Curse effect on them for 6 seconds, which will amplify the damage they recieve, being 100% (double damage) at level 10!
- This is an expensive skill to level up, but whenever you have spare coins to level it up, you should. Everyone loves this skill when killing groups of opponents, bosses or even other players, because the double damage can certainly do amazing things. Even if you use another weapon path, you should consider leveling up this skill, because it is the most useful 2 Sparks skill this class has.
- Demon: The Demon version of this skill will increase the duration of the Curse effect to 9 seconds.
- Sage: The Sage version of this skill will give inflict 2000 Fire damage over the next 6 seconds.
Polearm weapon path only skills: The next skills can only be used while using a weapon that belongs to this path.
File:Polearmmastery.jpg Level 29 - Polearm Mastery.
- This passive skill will increase the damage you deal when using weapons that belong to the Polearm path. Certainly one of your main skills, always max it.
File:Piercingwinds.jpg Level 29 - Piercing Winds.
- For the cost of 1 Spark, this skill will damage all the enemies in front of you within a range of xx meters (goes up with the level); additionally, it will inflict the Bleed effect on them, causing them to recieve an specific number of physical damage over 15 seconds.
- Very important skill for Polearm users when it comes to Bleeds, because the effect of this skill can stack with the effect of Draw Blood, making a good combo of damage that will surely hurt those classes with low HP and physical defense. Get level 1 of it at the beggining, and slowly level it up once you have spare spirit to use.
- It can be used when "AoE training" with this weapon path.
File:Farstrike.jpg Level 39 - Farstrike.
- The highest ranged skill the Blademaster Class has. It will deal a great damage to a single opponent as long as it is in the range of the skill (which goes up with the level). This is your main single target damaging skill, so you should max it always.
- Demon: The Demon version of this skill will increase the range to 18 meters.
- Sage: The Sage version of this skill will increase the bonus damage by 50% and add an additional 800 damage.
File:Meteorrush.jpg Level 49 - Meteor Rush.
- Similar to Piercing Winds, this skill will damage all the enemies in front of you within a range of xx meters (goes up with the level); additionally, it will push them back by xx meters (goes up with the level).
- A main skill to "AoE train" with this weapon path, level it up constantly, but don't rush to max it, since it is an expensive skill.
- Demon: The Demon version of this skill will give a 33% chance to stun the opponent's by 5 seconds.
- Sage: The Sage version of this skill will give a 50% chance to interrupt the opponent's channelling.
File:Glacialspike.jpg Level 59 - Glacial Spike.
- For the cost of 2 sparks, this skill will deal high damage to the opponents around you within a 12 meters radius; additionally, it will cause the Weaken and Distract effects on them, reducing their physical and magical defenses by xx% for 10 seconds (goes up with the level).
- Expensive skill, so you should level it up whenever you have spare spirit/coins to use. The high damage of this skill makes it very good to finish opponents in PvP, or if they survive, using the effect to your advantage. It is important to know that reducing the physical defense of the opponent will increase the effect of the status Bleed, making it a good combo that could deal some dangerous damage to any player.
- It is important to know that while this skill will reduce the physical/magical defenses of the opponet, they won't get reduced by the total amount, it will just reduce the base number of them, meaning that any buffs/skills that are in current use won't get affected by this status.
- Demon: The Demon version of this skill will give a 50% chance to make all the attacks critical hits for the next 5 seconds.
- Sage: The Sage version of this skill will give a 50% chance to cast for the cost of 1 spark.
Sword/Blade weapon path only skills: The next skills can only be used while using a weapon that belongs to this path.
File:Swordmastery.jpg Level 29 - Blade and Sword Mastery.
- This passive skill will increase the damage you deal when using weapons that belong to the Sword/Blade path. Certainly one of your main skills, always max it.
File:Magebane.jpg Level 29 - Mage Bane.
- For the cost of one spark, this skill will damage and cause the Stupefy effect on the opponent. Level 1 of this skill will be enough, so you can get the next ones. When you have spare money/spirit you can decide if this skill is worth it to level up or not, since most people don't find the effect of it useful enough. This skill has a 100% chance to hit the opponent.
File:Spiritchaser.jpg Level 39 - Spirit Chaser.
- A ranged skill, it will hit a single opponent that is within the range of this skill (12m at level 10). Level it up slowly, your other main skills are priority over this one.
- Demon: The Demon version of this skill will give a 25% to gain 20 Chi.
- Sage: The Sage version of this skill will reduce channel and cast times by 0.1 seconds.
File:Atmostrike.jpg Level 49 - Atmos Strike.
- A hit that will damage the opponent and will push it backwards by xx meters (goes up with the level). Without a doubt, your non-chi using strongest skill. Max it, since it will be your main offensive skill.
- Demon: The Demon version of this skill will give a 50% chance to decrease the opponent's evasion by 50% for the next 8 seconds.
- Sage: The Sage version of this skill will give 25% chance to gain 20 Chi.
File:Myriadswordstance.jpg Level 59 - Myriad Sword Stance.
- For the cost of 2 Sparks, this skill will deal huge damage to the opponent and will inflict the Muddle and Frighten status on the opponent. Out of all the level 59 weapon-only skills, this is the strongest when it comes to damage.
- Both status will decrease the magical and physical attacks of the opponent; however, it is important to know that it won't reduce the total amount, it will just reduce the base attacks of the opponent, so any buffs/skills that are in current use won't be affected, reason why this skill is used mostly for the damage rather than the effect during PvP.
- It is expensive, so level it up slowly whenever you have coins/spirit to use.
- Demon: The Demon version of this skill will give a 50% chance to stun all the affected enemies for 3 seconds.
- Sage: The Sage version of this skill will give a 50% chance to cast for the use of 1 Spark.
Fist/Claw weapon path only skills: The next skills can only be used while using a weapon that belongs to this path.
File:Fistmastery.jpg Level 29 - Fist Mastery.
- This passive skill will increase the damage you deal when using weapons that belong to the Fist/Claw path. Certainly one of your main skills, always max it.
File:Vacuouspalm.jpg Level 29 - Vacuous Palm.
- For the cost of 1 Spark, this skill will damage and will reduce the movement speed of your opponent (Slow status) by xx% for 8 seconds. Level 1 should be enough until you have maxed all your main skills, then you will be able to decide if it is worth it to level up or not.
File:Shadowlesskcik.jpg Level 39 - Shadowless Kick.
- This skill will damage and cancel the current casting skill of your opponent. Level 1 is enough for cancelling skills, which is commonly used as an opening move against certain mobs, or to cancel strong skills from bosses. The damage increasement from being leveled up is barely noticeable, reason why you should level it up once your main skills are maxed, IF you want to level it up, of course.
- Demon: The Demon version of this skill will make this skill affect all the opponents withing 3 meters around you.
- Sage: The Sage version of this skill will reduce the cooldown time to 10 seconds.
File:Cycloneheel.jpg Level 49 - Cyclone Heel.
- Attacks all the opponents in a range of 8m around you; additionally, this skill will increase your attack speed by xx% (goes up with the level, being 12% at level 10) for 15 seconds. Can be used in combination with other weapon paths, to increase the attack speed of them.
- This is your main skill because it will increase your attack speed (only for normal attacks), so keep it maxed.
- Demon: The Demon version of this skill will increase the attack speed by 20%.
- Sage: The Sage version of this skill will increase the duration of the attack speed bonus by 5 seconds.
File:Drakebreathbash.jpg Level 59 - Drake's Breath Bash.
- For the cost of 2 sparks, this skill will damage all the enemies in a line in front of you within a range of xx meters (increases with the level); additionally, for the next 15 seconds, all your normal attacks will adquire fire damage equal to xx% (increases with the level) of your weapon damage.
- Mainly used against opponents with low magical defense, to use the elemental fire damage as an advantage. Other than that, there is not really any other use for this skill, and it is usually better to use the Spark Eruption skill instead of this one when it comes to deal damage.
- If you like it, level it up once all your other main skills are maxed.
- Demon: The Demon version of this skill will increase the Fire damage to 135%.
- Sage: The Sage version of this skill will add 300 Fire damage.
Level 79 Skills.
The next skills are somewhat different than the previous ones. To learn this skills one must collect 20 Apocalypse Pages (drops in different insteances) and 10 Medium Ink (can be bought from NPC at Thousand Streams City), then exchange this items for a Book that will let you learn the desired skill.
File:Smack.jpg Level 79 - Smack.
- For the cost of 15 Chi, deals damage to a single opponent within 18 meters of you; additionally, it will cause the Seal effect on the enemy for 2~3 seconds.
- This skill is very good for PvP, since it provides a second/third ranged attack to your arsenal, making it easier to hit opponents running/coming to you. The range and the seal effect makes it very good to interrupt the any ranged class that is casting an skill.
- For PvE it is not that essential, because the Seal effect will make any mob run away from you, making it just situational for instances when 2~3 seconds are enough to give you time to save the caster classes.
File:Dragonbane.jpg Level 79 - Dragon Bane.
- For the cost of 1 Spark, this skill will increase your critical hit rate by 25% for 30 seconds; however, it will reduce your physical attack by 50% during the same amount of time.
- While the reduce to your physical attack is indeed annoying, it can be purified by a Cleric, a powder (can be manufactured with any Apothecary) or using Celestial/Demonic Spark Eruption; so it will give you 30 seconds of 25% increased critical hit rate, very good for dealing damage at bosses or opponents during PvP.
File:BoltofTyreseus.jpg Level 79 - Bolt of Tyreseus.
- Fist/Claw weapon path only skill. For the cost of one Spark, this skill will deal high damage to all the opponents within 12 meters around you; additionally, this skill will reduce their movement speed by 30%, reduce their attack speed by 30%, and increase their channelling time by 50% while freezing them and yourself for 5 seconds.
- Very good skill to use during Territory War, to lock all the opponents in the range for 5 seconds, giving caster classes enough time to bring them down with a powerful skill.
- During PvP it might be helpful during situations where you know you will bring down your opponent soon, because this is your highest hitting skill for the Fist/Claw weapon path. The Spark requirement, and the long cooldown, makes this skill somewhat limited to it's constant use.
- The Axe/Hammer or Polearm weapon paths can use this skill when AoE grinding/trainning, to increase the damage dealt; however, it is not required to AoE grind, it is more optional.
Level 100 Skills.
Similar to the level 79 skills, to learn them one must collect 20 Chrono Pages (drops from different bosses) and 10 Medium Ink (can be bought from NPC at Thousand Streams City), then exchange the items for a Book that will let you learn the desired skill.
File:Flash.jpg Level 100 - Flash.
- Sword/Blade weapon only skill. For the cost of 2 Sparks, this skill will deal certain amount of damage plus the 150% of another number, which can be obtained by substracting your current HP from your maximum HP. It has a 100% chance to hit the opponent.
- If used correctly, this skill can deal a very high damage to the opponent; however, it has a 15 minutes cooldown, which makes it very limited when it comes to PvP or PvE. Pretty much it is used when one is about to die.
File:Buddahsguard.jpg Level 100 - Buddah's Guard.
- For the next 10 seconds, this skill will increase the physical defense of all the squad members in the range by 1000%; additionally, this skill will recover 20% of your maximum HP over 15 seconds.
- With the 10 minutes cooldown time, this skill is pretty much used as a life saver against opponents that use physical attacks.
File:SparkEruption.jpg Level 29 - Spark Eruption.
- For the cost of one spark, this skill will increase your damage by 150% of your weapon damage for the next 10 seconds; additionally, it will grant invinciblity for 1 second after the discharge. Pretty much used to deal higher damage when it is needed, being it against mobs, bosses or players.
- The invincibility can be used to resist skills/attacks from the opponent, it requires a very good timing, of course. Also, this skill is free, so get it.
File:SparkEruption.jpg Level 59 - Advanced Spark Eruption.
- Similar to the first one, for the cost of 2 Sparks, this skill will increase your damage by 300% of your weapon damage for the next 12 seconds; additionally, it will instantly recover 10% of your maximum HP and it will grant invincibility for 2 seconds after the discharge.
- Same use as the first one, just that this one will recover your HP and increase the time to resist any attack/skills by 1 second. Use it wisely.
Sage and Demon. Edit
When a player reaches level 89, the option to choose between two paths, Sage and Demon (Heaven/Hell), will become available. By choosing either side, you will get access to:
- 1.- Two new skills.
- 2.- The ability to level up your previous skills to a higher level (level 11) and depending on either side, they will adquire a new effect. A book is required (they drop from different bosses, or can be adquired through different instances of the game) to learn them. They will increase their damage and depending on the skill the duration/effect of their current bonus.
- 3.- The access to two new worlds will open.
- 4.- You will get a Fairy/Demon flying around your character.
Once you choose one, you can't go back, so you have to choose wisely what side you want to be. For more information about how skills get affected when going Heaven/Hell, please visit the next website: http://www.ecatomb.net/skillpwi.php
File:MoZunsTaunt.jpg Level 89 - Mo Zun's Taunt.
- This skill will decrease the opponent's Chi by 50. With 30 seconds cooldown, this skill can be used constantly during PvP to delay the time it takes to your opponent to gather Chi, and therefore, avoiding to get hit by powerful Chi-consuming skills. It is free, so get it.
File:DemonicEruption.jpg Level 89 - Demonic Eruption.
- For the cost of 3 Sparks, this skill will increase your damage by 500% of your weapon damage for the next 15 seconds; additionally, it will instantly recover 20% of your maximum HP, purify any negative status effect you have, increase your attack speed by 25% and it will grant invincibility for 3 seconds after the discharge.
- The purifying bonus, can be used in combo with Dragon Bane skill, to get a much higher damage output for the next 15 seconds.
- Amazing to deal very high damage due to the increase in damage and attack speed. It has the same uses as the previous Spark Eruptions. It is free too, so get it as soon as possible.
File:Masterlitechnique.jpg Level 89 - Master Li's Technique
- This skill will instantly increase your current Chi by 50. It has 60 seconds cooldown and it is free, get it as soon as possible.
File:Celestial Eruption.jpg Level 89 - Celestial Eruption
- For the cost of 3 Sparks, this skill will increase your damage by 500% of your weapon damage for the next 15 seconds; additionally, it will instantly recover 20% of your maximum HP, purify any negative status effect you have, reduce all the damage taken by 25% and it will grant invincibility for 3 seconds after the discharge.
- More defensive oriented than the Demon version, it has the same uses and it is free too, so get it as soon as possible.
PWI offers the ability to have a Genie, which grants the user with new skills to increase the performance of their character in certain areas. There are some Genie Skills that only the Blademaster can use, we will see them here, as well as some recomendations by me.
For more information about Genies, please visit the guide on this wiki: http://pwi-wiki.perfectworld.com/index.php/Genie_Guides
Class only genie skills.
File:TrueEmptiness.jpg True Emptiness.
- Consumes all the genie's energy. It will deal xxx plus 20x the energy consumed physical damage to the opponent; additionally, it will create a shield around the user that will absorb xxxx (goes up with the level) spell damage for the next 8 seconds.
- Strength: Every Genie Strength point increases the damage by 1%.
- Dexterity: Every 40 Genie Dexterity points increases the shield's duration by 1 second.
- Dexterity: Every Genie Dexterity point to increase the absorbed damage by 10.
- Causes triple damage to targets in the air.
- It can deal a very high damage on low physical defense opponents when they are on the air, on top of that the shield can absorb any incoming spell damage, which makes this skill very good to use for PvP. It can pretty much one-shot robe users with a combo of Heaven's Flame and a critical hit/berserker effect (weapon effect that doubles the damage on a chance), depending on the build.
- Casts a shield on you.
- If your Physical Resistance is higher than the average of your Elemental Resistances, then the shield will absorb magical damage.
- If your Physical Resistance is lower than the average of your Elemental Resistances, then the shield will absorb physical damage.
- The amount of damage the shield absorbs will be the difference between your Physical Resistance and the average of your Elemental Resistances; additionally, it will make you immune to Stun/Freeze/Sleep status effects for the duration of the skill. Lasts 12 seconds.
- What can I say?...incredible amazing skill, you can use your Marrow skills to increase your physical/magical resistances to a huge amount (while reducing the opposite resistance to a minimum amount), giving you the ability to generate a shield that will absorb a very high amount of incoming physical/magical damage.
- For PvP and Territory War this skill is essential, specially when using it to resist Magical Damage. The use of it is easy: use Alter Marrow Physical to increase your physical defense to a very high amount, while lowering your magical defense to a minimum amount, then cast the shield on you and then use Alter Marrow Magical to increase your Magical defenses again, this way the damage you will get from Magical skills will be very close to nothing.
File:OccultIce.jpg Occult Ice.
- Has a 60% chance to total freeze your opponent for x seconds (increase with the level).
- Dexterity: Every 5 Genie Dexterity points increases the success rate by 1%.
- Amazing skill that will stop your enemies from moving, using skills, potions, genie skills, anything. Increasing the ability to "stun-lock" them with your other skills, on top of that, it has a range of 10 meters. Perfect for PvP and PvE.
File:TanglingMire.jpg Tangling Mire.
- Reduces the movement speed and physical defense of the opponents within 20 meters around you by xx% (increases with the level).
- Strength: Every 10 Genie Strength points increases the reduce speed effect by 1%.
- Strength: Every 5 Genie Strength points increases the reduce physical defence effect by 1%.
- This skill can become very handy when AoE grinding, since it will reduce the physical defense of all the opponents around you. For PvP, this skill can be used in combination with Glacial Spike to reduce even more the physical defense of the opponent.
File:TreeofProtection.jpg Tree of Protection.
- Increases maximum HP by xx% for 5 seconds; additionally, it will restore 25% of your maximum HP every 3 seconds for 6 seconds.
- Dexterity: Every 40 Genie Dexterity points increases the max HP duration by 1 second.
- Very good for life-saving purposes, when you're about to die during PvP or PvE, while fighting a boss or AoE grinding.
File:ExtremePoison.jpg Extreme Poison.
- For the next x seconds, the affected opponent will receive 20% more damage.
- Dexterity: Every 10 Genie Dexterity points increases the damage by 1%.
- Very good skill to increase the damage dealt to an opponent, even better, it stacks with the Curse effect of Heaven's Flame, which at level 10 will give you 120% more damage dealt for 6 seconds (9 with the Hell version). Very good when fighting bosses or single targets.
- Similar to Fan of Flames, this skill will hit all the opponents in front of you in a fan-like spray; additionally, it will immobilize them for 2 seconds and reduce their movement speed by xx% for 10 seconds.
- Strength: Every Genie Strength point increases the damage by 1%.
- Dexterity: Every 40 Genie Dexterity points increases the duration by 1 second.
- This skill has a range of 18 meters, which makes it very good for catching up opponent's that are running away from you.
File:LightingChaser.jpg Lighting Chaser.
- Deals xxx metal damage to the opponent and interrupts it's current casting spell.
- Strength: Every Genie strength point increases the damage by 1%.
- It has the same use as Shadowless Kick, interrupting the opponent's casting spell, very helpful againts bosses. The use of energy is very valuable, so level 1 is more than enough for it's purpose.
File:RelentlessCourage.jpg Relentless Courage.
- Increases your attack speed by xx%, your movement speed by xx% and your channeling speed by xx%. Lasts for 8 seconds.
- Pretty much it is used as an offensive skill for 8 seconds, specially because of the attack speed. This skill gives the highest attack speed buff on the game (30% at level 10), very good for fast weapons such as Fist/Claws, Sword/Blade and Polearm, but it can work too with Axe/Hammer.
- Deals xxxx metal damage to the opponent.
- Strength: Every Genie Strength point increases the damage by 1%.
- Causes triple damage to targets on the ground.
- Causes double damage to very close targets.
- Nowadays it is common to use this skill in combination with Heaven's Flame (to amplify the damage dealt) to seriously damage Heavy Armor users on the ground. It is not that great on the air, but it still works against Heavy Armor build Venomancers.
File:Alpha Male.jpg Alpha Male.
- Enrages all targets within 20 meters, increasing their revenge towards you and for x seconds reflecting back 40% of the damage you take.
- Dexterity: Every 5 Genie Dexterity points increases the damage reflected by 1%.
- Very good skill to get the aggro of all the mobs around you when it is needed, like saving your party members from a boss or very strong opponent, or while AoE grinding. It is only used for PvE.
More information. Edit
For more information about the Blademaster Class, you can visit my guide on the forums: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=143481
As well as the Blademaster Class Forums: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11
There you can ask any question you have about the class, your build or your character. You can also PM me on forums or in game. Don't be shy, even level 9x players ask me for advice.
Enjoy the game!
--Guide made by Lyndura (Lost City Server).